News for dentistry professionals
27 Sep 2014
There are multiple causes that may trigger xerostomia, with the intake of certain drugs being one of the most frequent. Over 500 drugs are known to cause xerostomia as a side effect (antidepressants, antihistamines, antihypertensives and analgesics, among others), cancer treatments (mainly head and neck radiation therapy), systemic diseases such as Sjögren's syndrome and diabetes, and moments of stress or anxiety.
Toothpaste and mouthwash
Products indicated for daily oral hygiene in people with dry mouth.
Long-lasting moisturiser gel
Indicated for people requiring increased moisturisation
Its formula contains active ingredients that are able to obtain maximum hydration:
• Betaine: Long-lasting wetting agent.
• Xylitol: hydrates the oral cavity, prevents the onset of caries and remineralises enamel.
• Sodium fluoride: prevents the onset of caries and remineralises enamel.
• Aloe vera (only in the gel): soothes burning mouth sensation and regenerates oral epithelium.
It is extremely important to hydrate and take care of dry mouth by establishing proper daily habits and by using specific products such as Xeros dentaid® to hydrate the oral cavity and stimulate natural saliva production.
It is advisable to:
• Perform strict oral hygiene with products specifically designed for xerostomia, such as Xeros dentaid®.
• Maintain adequate daily water intake
• Moisten lips with lip balms.
• Avoid dry or spicy foods and irritants.
• Consume favourable foods, such as cured cheeses, fruits and vegetables.
Xeros dentaid® is the complete system that hydrates the oral cavity and stimulates natural saliva production, providing the elements needed for the daily care of dry mouth.
• Malic acid: a weak acid that stimulates natural saliva secretion, without damaging tooth enamel (scientifically proven).1,2,3
• Xylitol: moistens the oral cavity, prevents the onset of caries and remineralises enamel.
• Fluoride: prevents the onset of caries and remineralises enamel.
• Buffer system (phosphate ions): prevents salivary pH from dropping below 5.5 while the tablet is dissolving in the mouth, thereby preventing enamel erosion (tablets and gum).
Dental professionals, with the aid of Xeros dentaid®, can now help improve xerostomia patients' day-to-day by boosting their quality of life.
Spray, tablets and gum
Stimulate natural saliva production thanks to their formula containing malic acid, and they are easy to use away from home.
19 May 2020
Interproximal hygiene must be carried out daily in order to keep biofilm from building up and to prevent the onset of caries and periodontal and pe...
07 Jan 2020
Proper oral hygiene with the right products and professional treatment at the dental clinic are key to keeping gingivitis and periodontitis in preg...
Sign up for the DENTAID Expertise newsletter
Sign up for the newsletter
|Data controller||DENTAID, S.L. LABORATORIOS DE PREVENCIÓN E HIGIENE BUCAL, SLU (“PHB”).|
|Purpose of data processing||To respond to a query from the interested party with the advice of a specialist.|
|Legitimisation of data processing||Your consent to process your personal data.|
|Recipients of disclosure or transfer||Data is not disclosed or transferred internationally.|
|Rights of the interested persons||To access, rectify and delete their data, and to exercise other rights as set out in the additional information.|
|Additional information||You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link.|