News for dentistry professionals
30 Nov 2017
As a basic oral hygiene tool, the toothbrush has been evolving over the years to meet the needs of different users. Today there are specific brushes for people with gingivitis, dental sensitivity, orthodontic appliances, dental implants, etc., and we even have electric brushes to make brushing teeth easier.
Manual brushes have always been recommended by prescribers for their function as a basic tool for removing dental biofilm. But, what about electric toothbrushes? At DENTAID we have asked professionals their opinion of electric brushes, and here are the results:
* 93% of prescribers surveyed prescribe electric brushes in some specific cases.
* The main reason for which they prescribe electric brushes is to improve the patient’s brushing technique (75%), although there may be other reasons for recommendation:
To make it easier to fulfil recommended brushing time 15.6%
To help increase the frequency of daily brushing 3.1%
Patient profile does not usually influence the decision of whether to recommend. Dentists say they recommend electric brushes for:
• All patients in general
• Orthodontic patients
• Implant patients
• Patients with periodontal disease
• Patients with other specific conditions (osteoarthritis, arthritis, etc.)
* Regarding electric brush technology, the prescribers opt equally for all of them:
Don’t know / No answer 6.3%
VITIS® has launched a new range of electric toothbrushes with sonic technology: the VITIS® sonic S10 and the VITIS® sonic S20, to meet all the requirements of dentists and their patients.
VITIS® sonic electric brushes offer effective oral hygiene, while protecting teeth and gums, thanks to their sonic technology with a dual mechanical and hydrodynamic action, providing the following benefits:
• Effective brushing, while protecting all oral tissues thanks to the high-quality, end-rounded and textured Tynex® filaments.
• Improved interproximal hygiene thanks to the dual action sonic technology and the exclusive design of their heads.
Proven efficacy*. Visible results in just 10 days: improved gingival and bacterial plaque indices.
• Helps fulfil recommended brushing time thanks to its quadrant timer. Indicates the need to switch quadrants every 30 seconds to complete two minutes of brushing.
• Long-lasting battery.
• Practical, handy brush: ergonomic, quiet and lightweight.
* Dentist-controlled efficacy study
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: WWW.VITISSONIC.ES
14 Jul 2020
In recent years, the number of mouth surgeries has increased due to the growth in implant interventions, amongst other reasons. In all these…
14 Jul 2020
The main oral pathologies, such as decay, gingivitis and peri-implant mucositis, along with disorders like halitosis, originate from the build-up of…
14 Jul 2020
We often see the oral cavity as an independent system from the rest of the body. However, it is a gateway to the organism and, therefore, the problems…
Sign up for the DENTAID Expertise newsletter
Sign up for the newsletter
|Data controller||DENTAID, S.L. LABORATORIOS DE PREVENCIÓN E HIGIENE BUCAL, SLU (“PHB”).|
|Purpose of data processing||To respond to a query from the interested party with the advice of a specialist.|
|Legitimisation of data processing||Your consent to process your personal data.|
|Recipients of disclosure or transfer||Data is not disclosed or transferred internationally.|
|Rights of the interested persons||To access, rectify and delete their data, and to exercise other rights as set out in the additional information.|
|Additional information||You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link.|