- Do DENTAID's mouthwashes and tootpastes contain parabens?
All of the mouthwashes and toothpastes sold by DENTAID meet current regulations and contain less than the allowable limit of parabens.
Current European legislation (Regulation 1223/2009) establishes which parabens are authorised and in what concentrations they can be used.
- Does DENTAID perform animal experimentation to develop and manufacture their products?
DENTAID does not experiment on animals to develop and manufacture its products. None of the products sold by DENTAID contain animal-derived components.
- I am pregnant. Can I use any of DENTAID's products?
All of the products sold by DENTAID can be used by pregnant women. We recommend that you consult an oral healthcare professional to determine which products best suit your needs.
- I am lactose intolerant. Can I use any of the mouthwashes or toothpastes sold by DENTAID?
All of the mouthwashes and toothpastes sold by DENTAID are lactose-free in their manufacture and composition. However, some products contain lactic acid or derivatives in their composition. Consult an expert to confirm whether this component could cause intolerance or allergy.
- I am gluten intolerant. Can I use any of the mouthwashes or toothpastes sold by DENTAID?
All of the mouthwashes and toothpastes sold by DENTAID are gluten-free in their manufacture and composition, and are therefore suitable for gluten intolerant people.
- Is fluoride recommended in toothpastes and mouthwashes?
Due to its mechanism of action, fluoride is a very effective component in the prevention of caries and in the remineralisation of tooth enamel.
All of the products sold by DENTAID have an adequate amount of fluoride, as recommended by the pertinent scientific associations.
- Can my child use DENTAID's fluoride-containing toothpastes or mouthwashes?
DENTAID offers a range of toothpastes and mouthwashes whose fluoride content is suited to the needs of the population at large, specifying on children’s products the age at which they are advisable to use, in accordance to recommendations by the EAPD (European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry):
- Between 6 months and 2 years, two times per day with toothpaste containing 500 ppm of fluoride (amount similar to a grain of rice)
- Between 2 and 6 years, two times per day with toothpaste containing between 1,000 and 1,450 ppm of fluoride (amount similar to a pea)
- Children over 6 years, two times per day with toothpaste containing 1,450 ppm of fluoride (amount of 1-2 cm). At this age, the use of mouthwash is recommended for complete oral hygiene.
- I am allergic to latex. Can I use the toothbrushes sold by DENTAID?
All of the toothbrushes sold by DENTAID are manufactured without latex, and are therefore suitable for people who are allergic to latex.
- When should I change my toothbrush?
A toothbrush should be replaced with a new one every 3 months, or sooner if the filaments become frayed with use. If your tootbrush has frayed or flattened filaments, you will not be able to properly perform oral hygiene and gums may even be damaged.
- When should I visit my dentist?
It is advisable to visit your dentist twice a year. This is the recommendation for people who maintain good oral hygiene, because it allows them to anticipate or control slow-developing problems. If you suspect you have an oral problem, you should visit your dentist as soon as possible to receive a diagnosis of your condition.
- Is it necessary to clean between teeth?
Yes. When you brush your teeth with a toothbrush, you are only cleaning about half of the tooth surfaces in your mouth. The other half corresponds to the areas between teeth, and these must be cleaned with dental tape or floss and/or interproximal brushes to ensure complete oral hygiene.
- Why is it important to clean your tongue?
Because of its anatomy, the tongue is an ideal place for the accumulation of bacteria involved in bad breath. Therefore, cleaning it is directly related to the degree of oral halitosis. For more information and recommendations regarding lingual hygiene, click the following link: http://www.halita.es/
- Is it advisable to use mouthwash?
Yes, because many times proper brushing technique is not performed, and mouthwash can access areas where a toothbrush cannot. Furthermore, it contains specific components for controlling the growth of bacteria that cause caries and gum disease, among others.
- Are DENTAID products suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
The products sold by DENTAID do not contain constituents or derivatives of animal origin, and therefore are suitable for vegans.