News for dentistry professionals
14 Jan 2019
DENTAID, gold sponsor and partner of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP), participated in EuroPerio9, held in Amsterdam, presenting nine studies led by researchers from the DENTAID Research Center.
EuroPerio is a globally prominent scientific meeting point to present the latest news on periodontal health and its impact on general health.
For this reason, DENTAID decided to share various studies with the scientific community attending the ninth edition of the event:
• Oral presentation of the in-house study: Beta lactamase genes and antibiotic multiresistance in amoxicillin resistant isolates obtained from patients with periodontitis.
• Oral presentation of the scientific poster: Transcriptome analysis of a 4- coloniser community during biofilm formation.
The company also exhibited seven e-posters corresponding to both studies carried out by researchers from the DENTAID Research Center, some in collaboration with American and European universities, as well as with other research centres.
* Macrolide resistance genes and susceptibility to azithromycin in P. Intermedia isolates obtained from patients with periodontal disease.
* The Influence of Solobacterium moorei on VOC production in a multispecies biofilm.
* Correlation between coaggregation and biofilm formation in pathogenic oral bacteria. DRC and Catholic University of Leuven.
* Prevalence and quantification of putative periodontal pathogens in Spanish and Peruvian patients.
* Co-aggregation partners of Filifactor alocis in oral biofilms. DRC and Catholic University of Leuven.
* Effect of erythritol-enriched powder in oral biofilm on dental implants: an “in vitro” study. DRC and University of Barcelona. DRC and University of Barcelona.
* Individually tailored oral health education programme to improve interdental hygiene: a clinical pilot study.
One main conclusion from one of the exhibited studies noted that 46% of patients with chronic periodontitis have oral bacteria resistant to amoxicillin, and that 80% of this microbiota is also resistant to other non-beta-lactam antibiotics.
For DENTAID, the continuous research carried out at the DENTAID Research Center constitutes one of the fundamental pillars of the company, whose main objective is to improve people’s oral health. And this latest EuroPerio meeting, which exceeded expectations with nearly 10,000 attendees from more than 100 countries around the world, was the perfect setting to show this.
Interproximal hygiene: the importance of complete oral hygiene
DENTAID had a stand in the exhibition area showing its latest developments in the field of oral health, emphasising the importance of interproximal hygiene in achieving 100% complete oral hygiene, specifically with the Interprox® range.
The latest generation of Interprox® is the result of years of research, development and innovation at the DENTAID Research Center
14 Jul 2020
In recent years, the number of mouth surgeries has increased due to the growth in implant interventions, amongst other reasons. In all these…
14 Jul 2020
The main oral pathologies, such as decay, gingivitis and peri-implant mucositis, along with disorders like halitosis, originate from the build-up of…
14 Jul 2020
We often see the oral cavity as an independent system from the rest of the body. However, it is a gateway to the organism and, therefore, the problems…
Sign up for the DENTAID Expertise newsletter
Sign up for the newsletter
|Data controller||DENTAID, S.L. LABORATORIOS DE PREVENCIÓN E HIGIENE BUCAL, SLU (“PHB”).|
|Purpose of data processing||To respond to a query from the interested party with the advice of a specialist.|
|Legitimisation of data processing||Your consent to process your personal data.|
|Recipients of disclosure or transfer||Data is not disclosed or transferred internationally.|
|Rights of the interested persons||To access, rectify and delete their data, and to exercise other rights as set out in the additional information.|
|Additional information||You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link.|
The content shown below corresponds to Spain and to products sold under country-specific registration.OK