DENTAID Oral Health

News for pharmacy professionals

Back to home page

10 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR BREATH FRESH

Dentaid News

31 May 2016

90% of cases of bad breath originate in the mouth. Following good eating habits and practicing proper oral hygiene is essential to prevent and combat this oral condition.

1. Conduct strict oral hygiene with Halita®.

2. Brush your teeth for a minimum of two minutes, at least twice a day or after every meal.

3. Do not forget to clean between your teeth daily with dental floss or tape, interdental brushes and/or water flossers.

4. Remove oral biofilm (bacterial plaque) which forms on your tongue every day using a Halita® tongue cleaner.

5. Complement brushing action with a halitosis specific mouthwash. When away from home, use sprays to ensure good breath.

6. Eat often, as fasting can promote bad breath.

7. Eat foods that stimulate the production of saliva (cured cheeses, vegetables and fruit).

8. Drink water between meals for proper hydration and to stimulate the secretion of saliva.

9. Avoid strongly flavoured food (onions or garlic) or spicy dishes, and drink less coffee and alcoholic beverages.

10. See your dentist regularly (at least once a year).

DID YOU KNOW...?

Popularly known as bad breath, halitosis is an accumulation of unpleasant odours emerging from the mouth. This is a fairly common problem, since one in every three people have or have had halitosis, and this may affect them psychologically or harm interpersonal relationships.

In 90% of cases, halitosis originates in the mouth because of the build up of oral biofilm (bacterial plaque) on the surface of the tongue and/or in between teeth and gums. Additionally, this build up may lead to tooth decay and/or gum disease. Only the remaining 10% of cases are due to other conditions (ear, nose, and throat, or digestive problems, etc.)

RELATED ARTICLES

Dentaid News

10 Dec 2019

XEROSTOMIA IN THE POLYMEDICATED PATIENT

Xerostomia is a disorder that is caused by using some of the most commonly prescribed drugs. 80% of the most commonly prescribed drugs produce…

See more
Dentaid News

10 Dec 2019

Toothbrush and tongue cleaner, inseparable companions

Do you brush your teeth but don't clean your tongue? Tooth brushing and tongue cleaning should be inseparable for proper oral hygiene. We all have the…

See more
Dentaid News

12 Sep 2019

Waterpik Pharmacy Map

Do you want to be a Waterpik® pharmacy? Do you want consumers to see your pharmacy as a reference point of sale? Join our map of Waterpik® pharmacies…

See more

Sign up for the DENTAID Oral Health newsletter

Sign up for the newsletter

Data controller DENTAID, S.L. LABORATORIOS DE PREVENCIÓN E HIGIENE BUCAL, SLU (“PHB”).
Purpose of data processing To respond to a query from the interested party with the advice of a specialist.
Legitimisation of data processing Your consent to process your personal data.
Recipients of disclosure or transfer Data is not disclosed or transferred internationally.
Rights of the interested persons To access, rectify and delete their data, and to exercise other rights as set out in the additional information.
Additional information You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link.

Do you want to keep up with the latest news for pharmacy professionals?

Sign up for the DENTAID Oral Health newsletter

Data controller DENTAID, S.L. LABORATORIOS DE PREVENCIÓN E HIGIENE BUCAL, SLU (“PHB”).
Purpose of data processing To respond to a query from the interested party with the advice of a specialist.
Legitimisation of data processing Your consent to process your personal data.
Recipients of disclosure or transfer Data is not disclosed or transferred internationally.
Rights of the interested persons To access, rectify and delete their data, and to exercise other rights as set out in the additional information.
Additional information You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link.

Do you want to keep up with the latest news for pharmacy professionals?

Sign up for the DENTAID Oral Health newsletter

Data controller DENTAID, S.L. LABORATORIOS DE PREVENCIÓN E HIGIENE BUCAL, SLU (“PHB”).
Purpose of data processing To respond to a query from the interested party with the advice of a specialist.
Legitimisation of data processing Your consent to process your personal data.
Recipients of disclosure or transfer Data is not disclosed or transferred internationally.
Rights of the interested persons To access, rectify and delete their data, and to exercise other rights as set out in the additional information.
Additional information You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link.
DENTAID Global

Discover what we are doing worldwide:

DENTAID by countries

Find the latest DENTAID innovations and solutions in each country:

Cookies Policy

Cookies settings have been saved / updated correctly with the indicated preferences.

Close